General Psychology at Case Western Reserve University

General Psychology at Case Western Reserve University

General Psychology is one of the majors in the psychology program at Case Western Reserve University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how Case Western ranks among other schools offering degrees in psychology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

General Psychology Degrees Available at Case Western

Case Western Psychology Rankings

The bachelor's program at Case Western was ranked #269 on College Factual's Best Schools for psychology list. It is also ranked #6 in Ohio.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Psychology Doctor’s Degree Schools 47
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 48
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 71
Best General Psychology Master’s Degree Schools 104
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 115
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 223
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 226
Best General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 256
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 300
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 383
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 1,033
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Psychology 1,146

Popularity of Psychology at Case Western

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Case Western Reserve University handed out 73 bachelor's degrees in general psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #428 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 28% over the previous year when 57 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 7 students received their master’s degree in psychology from Case Western. This makes it the #214 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 7 students received their doctoral degrees in psychology in 2020, making the school the #76 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Psychology Graduates from Case Western Make?

Salary of Psychology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Psychology majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Case Western go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $22,000 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $27,900 for all psychology students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Psychology Graduates from Case Western Have?

Student Debt of Psychology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Case Western, psychology students borrow a median amount of $23,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all psychology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,991.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the psychology program at Case Western is $239 per month.

Psychology Student Diversity at Case Western

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Case Western Reserve University.

Case Western General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 73 students earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from Case Western. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Case Western Reserve University with a bachelor's in psychology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 23
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 32
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 4

Case Western General Psychology Master’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 33% of psychology master's degrees went to men and 67% went to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 83% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Case Western Reserve University with a master's in psychology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 5
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You