Biological & Biomedical Sciences at DePauw University

Biological & Biomedical Sciences at DePauw University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how DePauw ranks in comparison to other schools with biological and biomedical sciences programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Degrees Available at DePauw

DePauw Biological & Biomedical Sciences Rankings

DePauw was ranked #109 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for biological and biomedical sciences majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #3 in Indiana.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 105
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 167
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 544
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Biological & Biomedical Sciences 851

Popularity of Biological & Biomedical Sciences at DePauw

During the 2019-2020 academic year, DePauw University handed out 56 bachelor's degrees in biological and biomedical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #625 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 10% over the previous year when 62 degrees were handed out.

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Student Diversity at DePauw

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biological and biomedical sciences majors at DePauw University.

DePauw Biological & Biomedical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 56 students earned a bachelor's degree in biological and biomedical sciences from DePauw. About 73% of these graduates were women and the other 27% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at DePauw are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 73% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from DePauw University with a bachelor's in biological and biomedical sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 41
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 2

Biological & Biomedical Sciences Majors

Biological and Biomedical Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 32
General Biology 18
Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology 6

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer & Information Sciences 45
Mathematics & Statistics 9
Natural Resources & Conservation 8
Physical Sciences 8
Engineering 2

View All Biological & Biomedical Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You