Drama & Theater Arts at Illinois Wesleyan University

Drama & Theater Arts at Illinois Wesleyan University

Drama & Theater Arts is one of the majors in the visual & performing arts program at Illinois Wesleyan University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Illinois Wesleyan ranks in comparison to other schools with theater programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Drama & Theater Arts Degrees Available at Illinois Wesleyan

Illinois Wesleyan Theater Rankings

The bachelor's program at Illinois Wesleyan was ranked #116 on College Factual's Best Schools for theater list. It is also ranked #7 in Illinois.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Drama & Theater Arts 19
Best Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 118
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Drama & Theater Arts 147
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Drama & Theater Arts 484

Popularity of Theater at Illinois Wesleyan

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Illinois Wesleyan University handed out 25 bachelor's degrees in drama and theater arts. Due to this, the school was ranked #177 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 25% over the previous year when 20 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Theater Graduates from Illinois Wesleyan Make?

Salary of Theater Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Theater majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Illinois Wesleyan go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $13,300 a year. This is less than $20,100, which is the national median of all theater majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Theater Graduates from Illinois Wesleyan Have?

Student Debt of Theater Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Illinois Wesleyan, theater students borrow a median amount of $27,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,250 for all theater majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the theater program at Illinois Wesleyan is $280 per month.

Theater Student Diversity at Illinois Wesleyan

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the theater majors at Illinois Wesleyan University.

Illinois Wesleyan Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 25 students earned a bachelor's degree in theater from Illinois Wesleyan. About 68% of these graduates were women and the other 32% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 80% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Illinois Wesleyan University with a bachelor's in theater.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 20
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to Theater

Related Major Annual Graduates
Music 15
Fine & Studio Arts 3

View All Drama & Theater Arts Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You