Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Criminal Justice & Corrections at Indian River State College

Find Schools Near

Criminal Justice & Corrections at Indian River State College

The Criminal Justice & Corrections major is part of the homeland security, law enforcement & firefighting program at Indian River State College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how Indian River State College ranks among other schools offering degrees in criminal justice.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Criminal Justice & Corrections Degrees Available at Indian River State College

Indian River State College Criminal Justice Rankings

The bachelor's program at Indian River State College was ranked #568 on College Factual's Best Schools for criminal justice list. It is also ranked #23 in Florida.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Associate Degree Online Criminal Justice & Corrections Schools 41
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Online Criminal Justice & Corrections Schools 62
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 70
Best Criminal Justice & Corrections Associate Degree Schools 149
Most Popular Associate Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 164
Best Value Associate Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 176
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 197
Best Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor’s Degree Schools 454
Most Focused Associate Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 649
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 663

Popularity of Criminal Justice at Indian River State College

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Indian River State College handed out 71 bachelor's degrees in criminal justice and corrections. Due to this, the school was ranked #175 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 11% over the previous year when 80 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Criminal Justice Graduates from Indian River State College Make?

Salary of Criminal Justice Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Criminal Justice majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Indian River State College go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $32,700 a year. This is higher than $32,500, which is the national median for all criminal justice bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Criminal Justice Graduates from Indian River State College Have?

Student Debt of Criminal Justice Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Indian River State College, criminal justice students borrow a median amount of $11,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all criminal justice bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $26,000.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the criminal justice program at Indian River State College is $114 per month.

Indian River State College Criminal Justice Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the criminal justice majors at Indian River State College.

Indian River State College Criminal Justice & Corrections Associate’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 48 students earned a associate's degree in criminal justice from Indian River State College. About 44% of these graduates were women and the other 56% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Indian River State College with a associate's in criminal justice.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 16
White 24
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Indian River State College Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor’s Program

The criminal justice program at Indian River State College awarded 71 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 37% of these degrees went to men with the other 63% going to women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Indian River State College are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 52% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Indian River State College with a bachelor's in criminal justice.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 17
White 37
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 5

Majors Similar to Criminal Justice

Related Major Annual Graduates
Fire Protection 26
Homeland Security 1

View All Criminal Justice & Corrections Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You