Criminal Justice & Corrections at Monmouth University

Criminal Justice & Corrections at Monmouth University

Criminal Justice & Corrections is one of the majors in the homeland security, law enforcement & firefighting program at Monmouth University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Monmouth ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in criminal justice.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Criminal Justice & Corrections Degrees Available at Monmouth

Monmouth Criminal Justice Rankings

The bachelor's program at Monmouth was ranked #356 on College Factual's Best Schools for criminal justice list. It is also ranked #18 in New Jersey.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 72
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 79
Best Criminal Justice & Corrections Master’s Degree Schools 81
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 219
Best Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor’s Degree Schools 275
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 310
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 525
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Criminal Justice & Corrections 634

Popularity of Criminal Justice at Monmouth

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Monmouth University handed out 42 bachelor's degrees in criminal justice and corrections. Due to this, the school was ranked #362 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 27% over the previous year when 33 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 10 students received their master’s degree in criminal justice from Monmouth. This makes it the #165 most popular school for criminal justice master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Criminal Justice Graduates from Monmouth Make?

Salary of Criminal Justice Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Criminal Justice majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Monmouth go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $25,800 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $32,500 for all criminal justice students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Criminal Justice Graduates from Monmouth Have?

Student Debt of Criminal Justice Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Monmouth, criminal justice students borrow a median amount of $26,000 in student loans. This is about the same as the median debt load of allcriminal justice bachelor's degree recipients across the nation.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the criminal justice program at Monmouth is $270 per month.

Monmouth Criminal Justice Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the criminal justice majors at Monmouth University.

Monmouth Criminal Justice & Corrections Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 45% of criminal justice bachelor's degrees went to men and 55% went to women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Monmouth are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 64% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Monmouth University with a bachelor's in criminal justice.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 10
White 27
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Monmouth Criminal Justice & Corrections Master’s Program

The criminal justice program at Monmouth awarded 21 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 62% of these degrees went to men with the other 38% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 62% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Monmouth University with a master's in criminal justice.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 13
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Homeland Security 26

View All Criminal Justice & Corrections Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You