Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Northern State University

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Northern State University

The General Biology major is part of the biological & biomedical sciences program at Northern State University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how NSU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at NSU

NSU Biology Rankings

The bachelor's program at NSU was ranked #312 on College Factual's Best Schools for biology list. It is also ranked #3 in South Dakota.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 12
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 242
Best General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 308
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 790

Popularity of Biology at NSU

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Northern State University handed out 23 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #899 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 4% over the previous year when 24 degrees were handed out.

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from NSU Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at NSU, biology students borrow a median amount of $26,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,715 for all biology majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at NSU is $270 per month.

Biology Student Diversity at NSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Northern State University.

NSU General Biology Bachelor’s Program

The biology program at NSU awarded 23 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 48% of these degrees went to men with the other 52% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 87% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern State University with a bachelor's in biology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 20
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to Biology

Related Major Annual Graduates
Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology 8
Biotechnology 6

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You