General Biology at Ohio Wesleyan University

General Biology at Ohio Wesleyan University

General Biology is one of the majors in the biological & biomedical sciences program at Ohio Wesleyan University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how OWU ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at OWU

OWU Biology Rankings

The bachelor's program at OWU was ranked #641 on College Factual's Best Schools for biology list. It is also ranked #23 in Ohio.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 627
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 705
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 887
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 1,045

Popularity of Biology at OWU

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Ohio Wesleyan University handed out 12 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #1211 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. Last year, the same number of degrees were handed out.

Biology Student Diversity at OWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Ohio Wesleyan University.

OWU General Biology Bachelor’s Program

The biology program at OWU awarded 12 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 8% of these degrees went to men with the other 92% going to women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at OWU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 75% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a bachelor's in biology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 9
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Zoology 24
Neurobiology & Neurosciences 13
Genetics 8
Microbiological Sciences & Immunology 4
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 3

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You