Computer Engineering at Purdue University - Main Campus

Computer Engineering at Purdue University - Main Campus

Computer Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at Purdue University - Main Campus.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how Purdue ranks among other schools offering degrees in CE.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer Engineering Degrees Available at Purdue

Purdue CE Rankings

Purdue was ranked #28 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for CE majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #3 in Indiana.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 6
Best Computer Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 25
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 28
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 48

Popularity of CE at Purdue

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Purdue University - Main Campus handed out 219 bachelor's degrees in computer engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #15 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 6% over the previous year when 206 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do CE Graduates from Purdue Make?

Salary of CE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of CE students who receive their bachelor's degree at Purdue is $71,600. This is higher than $68,700, which is the national median for all CE bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do CE Graduates from Purdue Have?

Student Debt of CE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Purdue, CE students borrow a median amount of $20,750 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all CE bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,250.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the CE program at Purdue is $215 per month.

CE Student Diversity at Purdue

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the CE majors at Purdue University - Main Campus.

Purdue Computer Engineering Bachelor’s Program

The CE program at Purdue awarded 219 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 84% of these degrees went to men with the other 16% going to women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Purdue University - Main Campus with a bachelor's in CE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 33
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 74
Non-Resident Aliens 91
Other Races 12

Majors Similar to CE

Related Major Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 557
Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering 410
Electrical Engineering 399
Industrial Engineering 378
Civil Engineering 263

View All Computer Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You