Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computational Science at The University of Texas at Austin

Find Schools Near

Computational Science at The University of Texas at Austin

Computational Science is one of the majors in the multi / interdisciplinary studies program at The University of Texas at Austin.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how UT Austin ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in computational science.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Computational Science Degrees Available at UT Austin

UT Austin Computational Science Rankings

The bachelor's program at UT Austin was ranked #6 on College Factual's Best Schools for computational science list. It is also ranked #1 in Texas.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Computational Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 1
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computational Science 1
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computational Science 1
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computational Science 2
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computational Science 2
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Computational Science 2
Best Computational Science Doctor’s Degree Schools 2
Best Computational Science Master’s Degree Schools 8
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computational Science 9
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computational Science 12
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Computational Science 13
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Computational Science 23

Popularity of Computational Science at UT Austin

During the 2019-2020 academic year, The University of Texas at Austin handed out 21 bachelor's degrees in computational science. Due to this, the school was ranked #6 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 40% over the previous year when 15 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 16 students received their master’s degree in computational science from UT Austin. This makes it the #13 most popular school for computational science master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 9 students received their doctoral degrees in computational science in 2020, making the school the #1 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Computational Science Student Diversity at UT Austin

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computational science majors at The University of Texas at Austin.

UT Austin Computational Science Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 21 students earned a bachelor's degree in computational science from UT Austin. About 10% of these graduates were women and the other 90% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a bachelor's in computational science.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 10
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

UT Austin Computational Science Master’s Program

All of the 10 students who graduated with a Master’s in computational science from UT Austin in 2020 were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a master's in computational science.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 3
Non-Resident Aliens 6
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
International Studies 231
Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies 229
Sustainability Science 61
Nutrition Science 19
Historic Preservation 7

View All Computational Science Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You