Economics at Trinity College

Economics at Trinity College

The Economics major is part of the social sciences program at Trinity College.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how Trinity Bantams ranks in comparison to other schools with economics programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Economics Degrees Available at Trinity Bantams

Trinity Bantams Economics Rankings

Trinity Bantams is in the top 10% of the country for economics. More specifically it was ranked #57 out of 627 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #2 in Connecticut.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Economics 11
Best Economics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 57
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Economics 117
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Economics 215
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Economics 215
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Economics 553

Popularity of Economics at Trinity Bantams

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Trinity College handed out 88 bachelor's degrees in economics. Due to this, the school was ranked #135 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. Last year, the same number of degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Economics Graduates from Trinity Bantams Make?

Salary of Economics Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Economics majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Trinity Bantams go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $61,200 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $44,300 for all economics bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Economics Graduates from Trinity Bantams Have?

Student Debt of Economics Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Trinity Bantams, economics students borrow a median amount of $23,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $21,666 for all economics majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the economics program at Trinity Bantams is $239 per month.

Trinity Bantams Economics Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the economics majors at Trinity College.

Trinity Bantams Economics Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 88 students earned a bachelor's degree in economics from Trinity Bantams. About 40% of these graduates were women and the other 60% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 74% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Trinity College with a bachelor's in economics.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 65
Non-Resident Aliens 15
Other Races 3

Majors Similar to Economics

Related Major Annual Graduates
Political Science & Government 88
Urban Studies 19
Sociology 14
Anthropology 13

View All Economics Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You