Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

The Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods major is part of the business, management & marketing program at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UIUC ranks in comparison to other schools with management science programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Featured Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods Programs

Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods Degrees Available at UIUC

UIUC Management Science Rankings

UIUC is in the top 10% of the country for management science. More specifically it was ranked #26 out of 362 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #3 in Illinois.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods 3
Best Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods Doctor’s Degree Schools 5
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods 11
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods 11
Best Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods Bachelor’s Degree Schools 14
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods 14
Best Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods Master’s Degree Schools 24
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods 26
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods 27
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods 44
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods 58
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods 120

Popularity of Management Science at UIUC

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign handed out 110 bachelor's degrees in management sciences and quantitative methods. Due to this, the school was ranked #10 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 7% over the previous year when 103 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 410 students received their master’s degree in management science from UIUC. This makes it the #3 most popular school for management science master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 5 students received their doctoral degrees in management science in 2020, making the school the #7 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Management Science Graduates from UIUC Make?

Salary of Management Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of management science students who receive their bachelor's degree at UIUC is $63,700. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $51,700 for all management science bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Management Science Graduates from UIUC Have?

Student Debt of Management Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UIUC, management science students borrow a median amount of $16,572 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all management science bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,142.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the management science program at UIUC is $172 per month.

UIUC Management Science Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the management science majors at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

UIUC Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 110 students earned a bachelor's degree in management science from UIUC. About 45% of these graduates were women and the other 55% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a bachelor's in management science.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 24
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 30
Non-Resident Aliens 50
Other Races 3

UIUC Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 517 students earned a master's degree in management science from UIUC. About 60% of these graduates were women and the other 40% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a master's in management science.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 48
Black or African American 20
Hispanic or Latino 22
White 156
Non-Resident Aliens 253
Other Races 18

Related Major Annual Graduates
Business Administration & Management 838
Accounting 374
Finance & Financial Management 256
Marketing 162
Management Information Systems 161

View All Management Sciences & Quantitative Methods Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You