Electrical Engineering at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Electrical Engineering at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Electrical Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UIUC ranks in comparison to other schools with EE programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Electrical Engineering Degrees Available at UIUC

UIUC EE Rankings

UIUC is in the top 10% of the country for EE. More specifically it was ranked #29 out of 325 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #2 in Illinois.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 4
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 7
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 8
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 18
Best Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 23
Best Electrical Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 25
Best Electrical Engineering Doctor’s Degree Schools 35
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 38
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 44
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 50
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 94
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 132

Popularity of EE at UIUC

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign handed out 221 bachelor's degrees in electrical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #6 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 15% over the previous year when 260 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 157 students received their master’s degree in EE from UIUC. This makes it the #13 most popular school for EE master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 54 students received their doctoral degrees in EE in 2020, making the school the #5 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do EE Graduates from UIUC Make?

Salary of EE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

EE majors who earn their bachelor's degree from UIUC go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $70,000 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $66,600 for all EE bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do EE Graduates from UIUC Have?

Student Debt of EE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UIUC, EE students borrow a median amount of $20,344 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all EE bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,713.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the EE program at UIUC is $211 per month.

UIUC EE Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the EE majors at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

UIUC Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 221 students earned a bachelor's degree in EE from UIUC. About 11% of these graduates were women and the other 89% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a bachelor's in EE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 55
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 11
White 66
Non-Resident Aliens 73
Other Races 10

UIUC Electrical Engineering Master’s Program

Of the 186 EE students who graduated with a master's degree in 2019-2020 from UIUC, about 83% were men and 17% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a master's in EE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 18
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 22
Non-Resident Aliens 140
Other Races 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Civil Engineering 367
Computer Engineering 341
Mechanical Engineering 300
Chemical Engineering 165
Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering 139

View All Electrical Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You