Health & Physical Education at University of Mary Hardin - Baylor

Health & Physical Education at University of Mary Hardin - Baylor

The Health & Physical Education major is part of the parks, recreation, leisure, & fitness studies program at University of Mary Hardin - Baylor.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how UMHB ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in phys ed.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Health & Physical Education Degrees Available at UMHB

UMHB Phys Ed Rankings

The bachelor's program at UMHB was ranked #519 on College Factual's Best Schools for phys ed list. It is also ranked #41 in Texas.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Health & Physical Education 36
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Health & Physical Education 131
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Health & Physical Education 192
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Health & Physical Education 201
Best Health & Physical Education Master’s Degree Schools 237
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Health & Physical Education 272
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Health & Physical Education 411
Best Health & Physical Education Bachelor’s Degree Schools 476

Popularity of Phys Ed at UMHB

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Mary Hardin - Baylor handed out 47 bachelor's degrees in health and physical education. Due to this, the school was ranked #248 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 21% over the previous year when 39 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 20 students received their master’s degree in phys ed from UMHB. This makes it the #131 most popular school for phys ed master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Phys Ed Graduates from UMHB Make?

Salary of Phys Ed Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of phys ed students who receive their bachelor's degree at UMHB is $25,500. This is less than $28,000, which is the national median of all phys ed majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Phys Ed Graduates from UMHB Have?

Student Debt of Phys Ed Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UMHB, phys ed students borrow a median amount of $26,500 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $25,000 for all phys ed majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the phys ed program at UMHB is $275 per month.

UMHB Phys Ed Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the phys ed majors at University of Mary Hardin - Baylor.

UMHB Health & Physical Education Bachelor’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 47 phys ed majors earned their bachelor's degree from UMHB. Of these graduates, 60% were men and 40% were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 57% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Mary Hardin - Baylor with a bachelor's in phys ed.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 27
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 3

UMHB Health & Physical Education Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 21 students earned a master's degree in phys ed from UMHB. About 43% of these graduates were women and the other 57% were men.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at UMHB are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 52% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Mary Hardin - Baylor with a master's in phys ed.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 11
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 1

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You