Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UNC Charlotte ranks in comparison to other schools with East Asian programs.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
The bachelor's program at UNC Charlotte was ranked #58 on College Factual's Best Schools for East Asian list. It is also ranked #1 in North Carolina.
|Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for East Asian Languages||6|
|Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for East Asian Languages (Income Over $110k)||28|
|Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for East Asian Languages (With Aid)||39|
|Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for East Asian Languages (Income $75-$110k)||46|
|Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for East Asian Languages (Income $30-$48k)||50|
|Highest Paid Bachelor’s Degree East Asian Languages Graduates||50|
|Best East Asian Languages Bachelor’s Degree Schools||53|
|Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for East Asian Languages (Income $48-$75k)||53|
|Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for East Asian Languages (Income $0-$30k)||56|
During the 2020-2021 academic year, University of North Carolina at Charlotte handed out 36 bachelor's degrees in East Asian languages. Due to this, the school was ranked #8 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 33% over the previous year when 27 degrees were handed out.
The median salary of East Asian students who receive their bachelor's degree at UNC Charlotte is $30,521. This is higher than $27,933, which is the national median for all East Asian bachelor's degree recipients.
While getting their bachelor's degree at UNC Charlotte, East Asian students borrow a median amount of $27,500 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,000 for all East Asian majors across the country.
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the East Asian majors at University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
The East Asian program at UNC Charlotte awarded 36 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 56% of these degrees went to men with the other 44% going to women.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at UNC Charlotte are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 53% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of North Carolina at Charlotte with a bachelor's in East Asian.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||3|
|Hispanic or Latino||6|
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Linguistics & Comparative Literature||8|
|Foreign Language, Literature & Linguistics (Other)||1|
View All East Asian Languages Related Majors >
More about our data sources and methodologies.