Air Transportation at University of North Dakota

Air Transportation at University of North Dakota

The Air Transportation major is part of the transportation & materials moving program at University of North Dakota.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how UND ranks in comparison to other schools with air transport programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Air Transportation Degrees Available at UND

UND Air Transport Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for air transport majors, UND came in at #4. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in North Dakota.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Air Transportation Doctor’s Degree Schools 2
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Air Transportation 2
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Air Transportation 3
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Air Transportation 3
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Air Transportation 4
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Air Transportation 4
Best Air Transportation Bachelor’s Degree Schools 4
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Air Transportation 4
Best Air Transportation Master’s Degree Schools 4
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Air Transportation 4
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Air Transportation 8
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Air Transportation 13

Popularity of Air Transport at UND

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of North Dakota handed out 196 bachelor's degrees in air transportation. Due to this, the school was ranked #4 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 11% over the previous year when 220 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 20 students received their master’s degree in air transport from UND. This makes it the #5 most popular school for air transport master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 1 students received their doctoral degrees in air transport in 2020, making the school the #3 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Air Transport Graduates from UND Make?

Salary of Air Transport Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of air transport students who receive their bachelor's degree at UND is $42,400. This is higher than $39,300, which is the national median for all air transport bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Air Transport Graduates from UND Have?

Student Debt of Air Transport Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UND, air transport students borrow a median amount of $22,500 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all air transport bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,125.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the air transport program at UND is $234 per month.

Air Transport Student Diversity at UND

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the air transport majors at University of North Dakota.

UND Air Transportation Bachelor’s Program

Of the 196 air transport students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2019-2020 from UND, about 87% were men and 13% were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 80% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of North Dakota with a bachelor's in air transport.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 13
White 157
Non-Resident Aliens 7
Other Races 9

UND Air Transportation Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 29 students earned a master's degree in air transport from UND. About 38% of these graduates were women and the other 62% were men.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at UND are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 69% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of North Dakota with a master's in air transport.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 20
Non-Resident Aliens 3
Other Races 2

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You