General Biology at Valparaiso University

General Biology at Valparaiso University

General Biology is one of the majors in the biological & biomedical sciences program at Valparaiso University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. Also, learn how Valpo ranks among other schools offering degrees in biology.

Jump to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at Valpo

Valpo Biology Rankings

The bachelor's program at Valpo was ranked #316 on College Factual's Best Schools for biology list. It is also ranked #6 in Indiana.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 314
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 540
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 691
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 730

Popularity of Biology at Valpo

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Valparaiso University handed out 39 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #615 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 70% over the previous year when 23 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Valpo Make?

Salary of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Biology majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Valpo go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $26,400 a year. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $27,600 for all biology students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from Valpo Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Valpo, biology students borrow a median amount of $27,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,715 for all biology majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at Valpo is $280 per month.

Biology Student Diversity at Valpo

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Valparaiso University.

Valpo General Biology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 39 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from Valpo. About 59% of these graduates were women and the other 41% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Valpo are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 72% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Valparaiso University with a bachelor's in biology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 28
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 4

Majors Similar to Biology

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 4

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You