Physical Sciences at Valparaiso University

Physical Sciences at Valparaiso University

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. We've also included details on how Valpo ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in physical sciences.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Physical Sciences Degrees Available at Valpo

Valpo Physical Sciences Rankings

The bachelor's program at Valpo was ranked #234 on College Factual's Best Schools for physical sciences list. It is also ranked #5 in Indiana.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Physical Sciences 159
Best Physical Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 230
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Physical Sciences 259
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Physical Sciences 328

Popularity of Physical Sciences at Valpo

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Valparaiso University handed out 35 bachelor's degrees in physical sciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #364 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 17% over the previous year when 42 degrees were handed out.

Physical Sciences Student Diversity at Valpo

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the physical sciences majors at Valparaiso University.

Valpo Physical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 35 students earned a bachelor's degree in physical sciences from Valpo. About 49% of these graduates were women and the other 51% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 89% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Valparaiso University with a bachelor's in physical sciences.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 31
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 2

Physical Sciences Majors

Physical Sciences students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Chemistry 22
Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology 10
Physics 2
Geological & Earth Sciences 1

Majors Similar to Physical Sciences

Related Major Annual Graduates
Engineering 131
Computer & Information Sciences 77
Biological & Biomedical Sciences 43
Mathematics & Statistics 9
Natural Resources & Conservation 8

View All Physical Sciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You