Foreign Languages & Linguistics at Vassar College

Foreign Languages & Linguistics at Vassar College

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Vassar ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in foreign languages and linguistics.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Foreign Languages & Linguistics Degrees Available at Vassar

Vassar Foreign Languages & Linguistics Rankings

Vassar is in the top 10% of the country for foreign languages and linguistics. More specifically it was ranked #17 out of 254 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #3 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
6
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Foreign Languages & Linguistics (Income $30-$48k) 11
Best Foreign Languages & Linguistics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 18
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Foreign Languages & Linguistics (Income $0-$30k) 22
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Foreign Languages & Linguistics (Income $48-$75k) 29
99
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Foreign Languages & Linguistics (With Aid) 120
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Foreign Languages & Linguistics (Income $75-$110k) 150
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Foreign Languages & Linguistics (Income Over $110k) 210
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Foreign Languages & Linguistics 246

Popularity of Foreign Languages & Linguistics at Vassar

During the 2020-2021 academic year, Vassar College handed out 57 bachelor's degrees in foreign languages and linguistics. Due to this, the school was ranked #136 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 39% over the previous year when 41 degrees were handed out.

Foreign Languages & Linguistics Student Diversity at Vassar

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the foreign languages and linguistics majors at Vassar College.

Vassar Foreign Languages & Linguistics Bachelor’s Program

In the 2020-2021 academic year, 57 students earned a bachelor's degree in foreign languages and linguistics from Vassar. About 77% of these graduates were women and the other 23% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 63% of 2021 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in foreign languages and linguistics.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 36
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 3

Foreign Languages & Linguistics Majors

Foreign Languages and Linguistics students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Romance Languages 37
East Asian Languages 9
Slavic, Baltic & Albanian Languages 7
Germanic Languages 4

Majors Similar to Foreign Languages & Linguistics

Related Major Annual Graduates
Visual & Performing Arts 64
English Language & Literature 40
Philosophy & Religious Studies 14

View All Foreign Languages & Linguistics Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You