East Asian Languages at Vassar College

East Asian Languages at Vassar College

East Asian Languages is one of the majors in the foreign languages & linguistics program at Vassar College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how Vassar ranks in comparison to other schools with East Asian programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

East Asian Languages Degrees Available at Vassar

Vassar East Asian Rankings

The bachelor's program at Vassar was ranked #36 on College Factual's Best Schools for East Asian list. It is also ranked #5 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for East Asian Languages 13
Best East Asian Languages Bachelor’s Degree Schools 33
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for East Asian Languages 62
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for East Asian Languages 96

Popularity of East Asian at Vassar

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Vassar College handed out 9 bachelor's degrees in East Asian languages. Due to this, the school was ranked #70 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 31% over the previous year when 13 degrees were handed out.

East Asian Student Diversity at Vassar

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the East Asian majors at Vassar College.

Vassar East Asian Languages Bachelor’s Program

The East Asian program at Vassar awarded 9 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 22% of these degrees went to men with the other 78% going to women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in East Asian.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to East Asian

Related Major Annual Graduates
Romance Languages 23
Slavic, Baltic & Albanian Languages 7
Germanic Languages 2

View All East Asian Languages Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You