Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

French Language & Literature at Vassar College

Find Schools Near

French Language & Literature at Vassar College

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Vassar ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in French language.

Jump to any of the following sections:

French Language & Literature Degrees Available at Vassar

Vassar French Language Rankings

Vassar was ranked #30 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for French language majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #5 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for French Language & Literature 3
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for French Language & Literature 11
Best French Language & Literature Bachelor’s Degree Schools 30
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for French Language & Literature 238

Popularity of French Language at Vassar

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Vassar College handed out 18 bachelor's degrees in French language and literature. Due to this, the school was ranked #22 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 64% over the previous year when 11 degrees were handed out.

Vassar French Language Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the French language majors at Vassar College.

Vassar French Language & Literature Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 18 students earned a bachelor's degree in French language from Vassar. About 78% of these graduates were women and the other 22% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 61% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in French language.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 11
Non-Resident Aliens 2
Other Races 2

Related Major Annual Graduates
Spanish Language & Literature 4
Italian Language & Literature 1

View All French Language & Literature Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You