Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Vassar College

Find Schools Near

History at Vassar College

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Vassar ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in history.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Featured History Programs

Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.

ADVERTISEMENT

History Degrees Available at Vassar

Vassar History Rankings

Vassar was ranked #81 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for history majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #9 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for History 67
Best History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 83
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for History 274
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for History 563

Popularity of History at Vassar

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Vassar College handed out 28 bachelor's degrees in history. Due to this, the school was ranked #348 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 40% over the previous year when 20 degrees were handed out.

Vassar History Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Vassar College.

Vassar History Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 28 students earned a bachelor's degree in history from Vassar. About 54% of these graduates were women and the other 46% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 79% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in history.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 22
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

History Majors

History students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
History 28

Related Major Annual Graduates
Social Sciences 170
Psychology 44
Communication & Journalism 23
Area, Ethnic, Culture, & Gender Studies 20
Education 13

View All History Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You