History at Vassar Collegehistory program at Vassar College.
We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Vassar ranks in comparison to other schools with history programs.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Featured History Programs
Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.
BA in History
Gain a rich foundation of knowledge ranging from early history to modern times with this online bachelor's degree in history from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
MA in History
The online Master of Arts in History degree program can deepen your understanding of how history is made. Learn More >
History Degrees Available at Vassar
Vassar History Rankings
Vassar was ranked #81 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for history majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #9 in New York.
|Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for History||67|
|Best History Bachelor’s Degree Schools||83|
|Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for History||274|
|Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for History||563|
Popularity of History at Vassar
During the 2019-2020 academic year, Vassar College handed out 28 bachelor's degrees in history. Due to this, the school was ranked #348 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 40% over the previous year when 20 degrees were handed out.
How Much Student Debt Do History Graduates from Vassar Have?
Student Debt of History Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Vassar, history students borrow a median amount of $19,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all history bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,250.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the history program at Vassar is $197 per month.
History Student Diversity at Vassar
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Vassar College.
Vassar History Bachelor’s Program
The history program at Vassar awarded 28 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 46% of these degrees went to men with the other 54% going to women.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Vassar are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 79% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in history.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >