Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Economics at Vassar College

Find Schools Near

Economics at Vassar College

The Economics major is part of the social sciences program at Vassar College.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how Vassar ranks in comparison to other schools with economics programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Featured Economics Programs

Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Economics Degrees Available at Vassar

Vassar Economics Rankings

Vassar is in the top 10% of the country for economics. More specifically it was ranked #49 out of 627 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #7 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Economics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 49
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Economics 67
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Economics 180
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Economics 567

Popularity of Economics at Vassar

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Vassar College handed out 49 bachelor's degrees in economics. Due to this, the school was ranked #214 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 11% over the previous year when 55 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Economics Graduates from Vassar Make?

Salary of Economics Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Economics majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Vassar go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $50,200 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $44,300 for all economics bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Economics Graduates from Vassar Have?

Student Debt of Economics Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Vassar, economics students borrow a median amount of $17,053 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all economics bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $21,666.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the economics program at Vassar is $177 per month.

Vassar Economics Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the economics majors at Vassar College.

Vassar Economics Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 49 students earned a bachelor's degree in economics from Vassar. About 41% of these graduates were women and the other 59% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Vassar are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 51% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in economics.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 25
Non-Resident Aliens 13
Other Races 3

Related Major Annual Graduates
Political Science & Government 44
International Relations & National Security 27
Sociology 16
Urban Studies 13
Anthropology 12

View All Economics Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You