Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Political Science & Government at Vassar College

Find Schools Near

Political Science & Government at Vassar College

The Political Science & Government major is part of the social sciences program at Vassar College.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Vassar ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in political science.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Featured Political Science & Government Programs

Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Political Science & Government Degrees Available at Vassar

Vassar Political Science Rankings

Vassar is in the top 10% of the country for political science. More specifically it was ranked #63 out of 781 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #7 in New York.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Degree Schools 62
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Political Science & Government 65
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Political Science & Government 261
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Political Science & Government 733

Popularity of Political Science at Vassar

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Vassar College handed out 44 bachelor's degrees in political science and government. Due to this, the school was ranked #276 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 10% over the previous year when 49 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Political Science Graduates from Vassar Make?

Salary of Political Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Political Science majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Vassar go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $34,500 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $32,850 for all political science bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Political Science Graduates from Vassar Have?

Student Debt of Political Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Vassar, political science students borrow a median amount of $18,957 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all political science bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,184.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the political science program at Vassar is $197 per month.

Political Science Student Diversity at Vassar

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the political science majors at Vassar College.

Vassar Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 44 students earned a bachelor's degree in political science from Vassar. About 45% of these graduates were women and the other 55% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 55% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in political science.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 24
Non-Resident Aliens 5
Other Races 4

Related Major Annual Graduates
Economics 49
International Relations & National Security 27
Sociology 16
Urban Studies 13
Anthropology 12

View All Political Science & Government Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You