General Biology at Wingate University

General Biology at Wingate University

The General Biology major is part of the biological & biomedical sciences program at Wingate University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Wingate ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in biology.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at Wingate

Wingate Biology Rankings

The bachelor's program at Wingate was ranked #533 on College Factual's Best Schools for biology list. It is also ranked #14 in North Carolina.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 147
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 381
Best General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 521
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 698

Popularity of Biology at Wingate

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Wingate University handed out 60 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #436 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 12% over the previous year when 68 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Wingate Make?

Salary of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Biology majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Wingate go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $30,200 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $27,600 for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from Wingate Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Wingate, biology students borrow a median amount of $26,750 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,715 for all biology majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at Wingate is $278 per month.

Biology Student Diversity at Wingate

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Wingate University.

Wingate General Biology Bachelor’s Program

The biology program at Wingate awarded 60 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 32% of these degrees went to men with the other 68% going to women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Wingate are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 63% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Wingate University with a bachelor's in biology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 38
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 4

Related Major Annual Graduates
Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology 11

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You