2022 Best Linguistics Master's Degree Schools in the Plains States Region
College Factual looked at 4 colleges and universities when compiling its 2022 Best Linguistics Master's Degree Schools in the Plains States Region ranking. Combined, these schools handed out 24 master's degrees in linguistics to qualified students.
What's on this page: * Our Methodology
Choosing a Great Linguistics School for Your Master's Degree
Your choice of linguistics for getting your master's degree school matters. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. To make it into this list, a school must excel in the following areas.
A Great Overall School
The overall quality of a master's degree school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we include a college's overall Best Colleges for a Master's Degree ranking which itself looks at a combination of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Other Factors We Consider
The metrics below are just some of the other metrics that we use to determine our rankings.
- Major Focus - How many resources a school devotes to linguistics students as compared to other majors.
- Major Demand - The number of linguistics students who choose to seek a master's degree at the school.
- Educational Resources - How many resources are allocated to students. These resources may include educational expenditures per student, number of students per instructor, and graduation rate among other things.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or accredited by a recognized linguistics related body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for linguistics students working on their master's degree.
More Ways to Rank Linguistics Schools
Since the program you select can have a significant impact on your future, we've developed a number of rankings, including this Best Linguistics Master's Degree Schools in the Plains States Region list, to help you choose the best school for you.
Best Schools for Master’s Students to Study Linguistics in the Plains States Region
Top Plains States Region Schools for a Master's in Linguistics
University of North Dakota is one of the best schools in the United States for getting a master's degree in linguistics. UND is a large public university located in the small city of Grand Forks.More information about a master’s in linguistics from University of North Dakota
It is hard to beat University of Iowa if you want to pursue a master's degree in linguistics. Located in the city of Iowa City, Iowa is a public university with a very large student population.More information about a master’s in linguistics from University of Iowa
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities is one of the finest schools in the United States for getting a master's degree in linguistics. UMN Twin Cities is a very large public university located in the city of Minneapolis.More information about a master’s in linguistics from University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
It is difficult to beat University of Kansas if you wish to pursue a master's degree in linguistics. Located in the city of Lawrence, KU is a public university with a fairly large student population.More information about a master’s in linguistics from University of Kansas
Best Linguistics Colleges by State
Explore the best linguistics schools for a specific state in the Plains States Region .
Linguistics Related Rankings by Major
Linguistics is one of 5 different types of Linguistics & Comparative Literature programs to choose from.
Most Popular Majors Related to Linguistics
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Other Linguistic, Comparative, & Related Language Studies & Services||10|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Pandit Rahul Sanskrutayan, Banshidhar Mohanty. More about our data sources and methodologies.
Featured Foreign Language Schools
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >