2023 Best Linguistics Bachelor's Degree Schools in the Southwest Region
College Factual reviewed 6 schools in the Southwest Region to determine which ones were the best for bachelor's degree seekers in the field of linguistics. Combined, these schools handed out 189 bachelor's degrees in linguistics to qualified students.
What's on this page: * Our Methodology
Choosing a Great Linguistics School for Your Bachelor's Degree
The linguistics bachelor's degree program you select can have a big impact on your future. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. Below we explain some of the most important factors to consider before making your choice:
Overall Quality Is a Must
The overall quality of a bachelor's degree school is important to ensure a good education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we include a college's overall Best Colleges ranking which itself looks at a host of various factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Other Factors We Consider
The metrics below are just some of the other metrics that we use to determine our rankings.
- Major Focus - How many resources a school devotes to linguistics students as compared to other majors.
- Major Demand - The number of linguistics students who choose to seek a bachelor's degree at the school.
- Educational Resources - How many resources are allocated to students. These resources may include educational expenditures per student, number of students per instructor, and graduation rate among other things.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or accredited by a recognized linguistics related body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for linguistics students working on their bachelor's degree.
More Ways to Rank Linguistics Schools
Since the program you select can have a significant impact on your future, we've developed a number of rankings, including this Best Linguistics Bachelor's Degree Schools in the Southwest Region list, to help you choose the best school for you.
To further help you make the college decision, we've developed a unique tool called College Combat that allows you to compare schools based on the factors that matter the most to you. Go ahead and give it a try, or bookmark the link so you can check it out later.
Best Schools for Bachelor’s Students to Study Linguistics in the Southwest Region
Top Southwest Region Schools for a Bachelor's in Linguistics
Any student pursuing a degree in a bachelor's degree in linguistics needs to take a look at The University of Texas at Austin. UT Austin is a fairly large public university located in the large city of Austin.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from The University of Texas at Austin
It is hard to beat University of Arizona if you wish to pursue a bachelor's degree in linguistics. University of Arizona is a very large public university located in the large city of Tucson.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from University of Arizona
It is hard to beat The University of Texas at Arlington if you want to pursue a bachelor's degree in linguistics. UT Arlington is a very large public university located in the city of Arlington.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from The University of Texas at Arlington
Any student pursuing a degree in a bachelor's degree in linguistics has to take a look at University of New Mexico - Main Campus. Located in the city of Albuquerque, UNM is a public university with a very large student population.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from University of New Mexico - Main Campus
UNT is a very large public university located in the medium-sized city of Denton.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from University of North Texas
UTEP is a fairly large public university located in the city of El Paso.More information about a bachelor’s in linguistics from The University of Texas at El Paso
Best Linguistics Colleges by State
Explore the best linguistics colleges for a specific state in the Southwest Region .
Linguistics Related Rankings by Major
Linguistics is one of 5 different types of Linguistics & Comparative Literature programs to choose from.
Majors Similar to Linguistics
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Pandit Rahul Sanskrutayan, Banshidhar Mohanty. More about our data sources and methodologies.
Featured Foreign Language Schools
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >