2022 Best Modern Languages Master's Degree Schools in the Rocky Mountains Region
In 2022, College Factual analyzed 3 schools in order to identify the top ones for its Best Modern Languages Master's Degree Schools in the Rocky Mountains Region ranking. When you put them all together, these colleges and universities awarded 23 master's degrees in modern languages during the 2019-2020 academic year.
What's on this page:
Choosing a Great Modern Languages School for Your Master's Degree
Your choice of modern languages for getting your master's degree school matters. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. Below we explain some of the most important factors to consider before making your choice:
Overall Quality Is a Must
The overall quality of a master's degree school is important to ensure a good education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we include a college's overall Best Colleges for a Master's Degree ranking which itself looks at a combination of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
Over 80% of the schools in this list are in the top 50% of our overall quality ranking.
Other Factors We Consider
The metrics below are just some of the other metrics that we use to determine our rankings.
- Major Focus - How many resources a school devotes to modern languages students as compared to other majors.
- Major Demand - The number of modern languages students who choose to seek a master's degree at the school.
- Educational Resources - How many resources are allocated to students. These resources may include educational expenditures per student, number of students per instructor, and graduation rate among other things.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or accredited by a recognized modern languages related body.
Our complete ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best schools for modern languages students working on their master's degree.
One Size Does Not Fit All
Since the program you select can have a significant impact on your future, we've developed a number of rankings, including this Best Modern Languages Master's Degree Schools in the Rocky Mountains Region list, to help you choose the best school for you.
Best Schools for Master’s Students to Study Modern Languages in the Rocky Mountains Region
Top Rocky Mountains Region Schools for a Master's in Modern Languages
Colorado State University - Fort Collins is one of the finest schools in the country for getting a master's degree in modern languages. Located in the city of Fort Collins, Colorado State is a public university with a very large student population. A Best Master's Degree Schools rank of #302 out of 1,305 schools nationwide means Colorado State is a great university overall.
There were roughly 9 modern languages students who graduated with this degree at Colorado State in the most recent data year.More information about a master’s in modern languages from Colorado State University - Fort Collins
It's difficult to beat University of Utah if you wish to pursue a master's degree in modern languages. Located in the city of Salt Lake City, U of U is a public university with a very large student population. This university ranks 3rd out of 12 schools for overall master's degree quality in the state of Utah.
There were roughly 9 modern languages individuals who graduated with this degree at U of U in the most recent year we have data available.More information about a master’s in modern languages from University of Utah
University of Northern Colorado is a wonderful choice for students interested in a master's degree in modern languages. Located in the city of Greeley, University of Northern Colorado is a public university with a large student population. This university ranks 8th out of 22 schools for overall master's degree quality in the state of Colorado.
University of Northern Colorado is one of the most popular universities to study modern languages in the Rocky Mountains Region with approximately 5 graduations in the most recent year we have data available.More information about a master’s in modern languages from University of Northern Colorado
Best Modern Languages Colleges by State
Explore the best modern languages colleges for a specific state in the Rocky Mountains Region .
Rankings in Majors Related to Modern Languages
Modern Languages is one of 5 different types of Linguistics & Comparative Literature programs to choose from.
Most Popular Related Majors
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Other Linguistic, Comparative, & Related Language Studies & Services||8|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Pandit Rahul Sanskrutayan, Banshidhar Mohanty. More about our data sources and methodologies.