2022 Best Modern Languages Master's Degree Schools in the Plains States Region
In 2022, College Factual analyzed 3 schools in order to identify the top ones for its Best Modern Languages Master's Degree Schools in the Plains States Region ranking. When you put them all together, these colleges and universities awarded 25 master's degrees in modern languages during the 2019-2020 academic year.
What's on this page:
Choosing a Great Modern Languages School for Your Master's Degree
Your choice of modern languages for getting your master's degree school matters. This section explores some of the factors we include in our ranking and how much they vary depending on the school you select. When choosing a school we recommend considering some of the following factors:
Quality Overall Is Important
The overall quality of a master's degree school is important to ensure a quality education, not just how well they do in a particular major. To account for this we consider a college's overall Best Colleges for a Master's Degree ranking which itself looks at a collection of different factors like degree completion, educational resources, student body caliber and post-graduation earnings for the school as a whole.
The lowest ranked school in our list is in the top 19% of our overall quality ranking while the vast majority are in at least the top 19%.
Other Factors We Consider
The metrics below are just some of the other metrics that we use to determine our rankings.
- Major Focus - How many resources a school devotes to modern languages students as compared to other majors.
- Major Demand - The number of modern languages students who choose to seek a master's degree at the school.
- Educational Resources - How many resources are allocated to students. These resources may include educational expenditures per student, number of students per instructor, and graduation rate among other things.
- Accreditation - Whether a school is regionally accredited and/or accredited by a recognized modern languages related body.
Our full ranking methodology documents in more detail how we consider these factors to identify the best colleges for modern languages students working on their master's degree.
One Size Does Not Fit All
Since the program you select can have a significant impact on your future, we've developed a number of rankings, including this Best Modern Languages Master's Degree Schools in the Plains States Region list, to help you choose the best school for you.
Best Schools for Master’s Students to Study Modern Languages in the Plains States Region
Top Plains States Region Schools for a Master's in Modern Languages
Kansas State University is a wonderful choice for students pursuing a master's degree in modern languages. Located in the small city of Manhattan, K -State is a public university with a very large student population. This university ranks 1st out of 21 schools for overall master's degree quality in the state of Kansas.
There were roughly 11 modern languages students who graduated with this degree at K -State in the most recent year we have data available.More information about a master’s in modern languages from Kansas State University
University of Missouri - Columbia is one of the finest schools in the country for getting a master's degree in modern languages. Located in the medium-sized city of Columbia, Mizzou is a public university with a fairly large student population. A Best Master's Degree Schools rank of #173 out of 1,305 schools nationwide means Mizzou is a great university overall.
There were approximately 5 modern languages students who graduated with this degree at Mizzou in the most recent year we have data available.More information about a master’s in modern languages from University of Missouri - Columbia
University of Nebraska - Lincoln is one of the best schools in the United States for getting a master's degree in modern languages. Located in the large city of Lincoln, UNL is a public university with a fairly large student population. This university ranks 2nd out of 16 colleges for overall master's degree quality in the state of Nebraska.
There were about 9 modern languages students who graduated with this degree at UNL in the most recent year we have data available.More information about a master’s in modern languages from University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Best Modern Languages Colleges by State
Explore the best modern languages schools for a specific state in the Plains States Region .
Rankings in Majors Related to Modern Languages
Modern Languages is one of 5 different types of Linguistics & Comparative Literature programs to choose from.
Most Popular Majors Related to Modern Languages
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Other Linguistic, Comparative, & Related Language Studies & Services||10|
Notes and References
- The bars on the spread charts above show the distribution of the schools on this list +/- one standard deviation from the mean.
- The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), a branch of the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) serves as the core of the rest of our data about colleges.
- Some other college data, including much of the graduate earnings data, comes from the U.S. Department of Education’s (College Scorecard).
- Credit for the banner image above goes to Pandit Rahul Sanskrutayan, Banshidhar Mohanty. More about our data sources and methodologies.