Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies at American University

Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies at American University

Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies is one of the majors in the multi / interdisciplinary studies program at American University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. Also, learn how The American University ranks among other schools offering degrees in other interdisciplinary studies.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies Degrees Available at The American University

The American University Other Interdisciplinary Studies Rankings

The American University is in the top 10% of the country for other interdisciplinary studies. More specifically it was ranked #16 out of 230 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #1 in District of Columbia.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 14
55
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies (Income $30-$48k) 118
135
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies (Income $0-$30k) 157
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies (Income $75-$110k) 166
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies (Income $48-$75k) 167
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies 168
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies (With Aid) 172
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies (Income Over $110k) 180

Popularity of Other Interdisciplinary Studies at The American University

During the 2020-2021 academic year, American University handed out 119 bachelor's degrees in other multi/interdisciplinary studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #68 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 3% over the previous year when 116 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Other Interdisciplinary Studies Graduates from The American University Make?

Salary of Other Interdisciplinary Studies Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Other Interdisciplinary Studies majors who earn their bachelor's degree from The American University go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $44,939 a year. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $36,071 for all other interdisciplinary studies bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Other Interdisciplinary Studies Graduates from The American University Have?

Student Debt of Other Interdisciplinary Studies Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at The American University, other interdisciplinary studies students borrow a median amount of $24,000 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all other interdisciplinary studies bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,871.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the other interdisciplinary studies program at The American University is $899 per month.

Other Interdisciplinary Studies Student Diversity at The American University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the other interdisciplinary studies majors at American University.

The American University Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies Bachelor’s Program

In the 2020-2021 academic year, 119 students earned a bachelor's degree in other interdisciplinary studies from The American University. About 60% of these graduates were women and the other 40% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at The American University are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 69% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from American University with a bachelor's in other interdisciplinary studies.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 82
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 6

Majors Similar to Other Interdisciplinary Studies

Related Major Annual Graduates
Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution 36
Computational Science 2
Data Analytics 1

View All Other Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You