General Psychology at American Universitypsychology program at American University.
We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. In addition, we cover how The American University ranks in comparison to other schools with psychology programs.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Featured General Psychology Programs
Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.
BA in Psychology
Advance in your human services or psychology career, or prepare for graduate studies in a variety of fields at Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
MS in Psychology
Our Master of Science in Psychology program is designed to extend your knowledge and discipline in psychology, preparing you for a wide variety of professions and contexts. Learn More >
General Psychology Degrees Available at The American University
The American University Psychology Rankings
Popularity of Psychology at The American University
During the 2020-2021 academic year, American University handed out 81 bachelor's degrees in general psychology. Due to this, the school was ranked #367 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 23% over the previous year when 66 degrees were handed out.
In 2021, 22 students received their master’s degree in psychology from The American University. This makes it the #65 most popular school for psychology master’s degree candidates in the country.
How Much Do Psychology Graduates from The American University Make?
Salary of Psychology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Psychology majors who earn their bachelor's degree from The American University go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $35,226 a year. This is higher than $28,637, which is the national median for all psychology bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Psychology Graduates from The American University Have?
Student Debt of Psychology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at The American University, psychology students borrow a median amount of $24,343 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all psychology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $26,000.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the psychology program at The American University is $680 per month.
Psychology Student Diversity at The American University
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at American University.
The American University General Psychology Bachelor’s Program
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 81 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in psychology from The American University. About 20% were men and 80% were women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 58% of 2021 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from American University with a bachelor's in psychology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||7|
|Hispanic or Latino||14|
The American University General Psychology Master’s Program
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 22 students earned a master's degree in psychology from The American University. About 82% of these graduates were women and the other 18% were men.
The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at The American University are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 73% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from American University with a master's in psychology.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Most Popular Majors Related to Psychology
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology||3|
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Southern New Hampshire University
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs ... Learn More >