College Factual  by our College Data Analytics Team
      Unbiased Factual Guarantee

Public Administration & Social Service at Aurora University

168 Bachelor's Degrees
507 Master's Degrees
9 Doctor's Degrees
We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Aurora ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in public administration and social service.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Public Administration & Social Service Degrees Available at Aurora

Aurora Public Administration & Social Service Rankings

Aurora was ranked #67 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for public administration and social service majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #5 in Illinois.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 4
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 5
7
13
21
32
35
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income Over $110k) 38
Best Public Administration & Social Service Bachelor’s Degree Schools 39
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $75-$110k) 43
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income Over $110k) 46
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $48-$75k) 48
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (With Aid) 51
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $30-$48k) 54
57
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $75-$110k) 58
Best Public Administration & Social Service Master’s Degree Schools 61
Best Public Administration & Social Service Doctor’s Degree Schools 66
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $0-$30k) 66
Highest Paid Doctor’s Degree Public Administration & Social Service Graduates 66
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $75-$110k) 67
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income Over $110k) 70
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $48-$75k) 74
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $48-$75k) 76
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (With Aid) 91
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service 96
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $30-$48k) 99
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $30-$48k) 100
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (With Aid) 106
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $0-$30k) 124
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Public Administration & Social Service (Income $0-$30k) 131
Highest Paid Master’s Degree Public Administration & Social Service Graduates 222
Highest Paid Bachelor’s Degree Public Administration & Social Service Graduates 269

Popularity of Public Administration & Social Service at Aurora

During the 2020-2021 academic year, Aurora University handed out 168 bachelor's degrees in public administration and social service. Due to this, the school was ranked #14 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 19% over the previous year when 141 degrees were handed out.

In 2021, 507 students received their master’s degree in public administration and social service from Aurora. This makes it the #13 most popular school for public administration and social service master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 9 students received their doctoral degrees in public administration and social service in 2021, making the school the #35 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Public Administration & Social Service Student Diversity at Aurora

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public administration and social service majors at Aurora University.

Is Aurora University a Good Match for You?
Is Aurora a Good Match for You? >

Aurora Public Administration & Social Service Bachelor’s Program

The public administration and social service program at Aurora awarded 168 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 14% of these degrees went to men with the other 86% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 54% of 2021 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Aurora University with a bachelor's in public administration and social service.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 49
White 91
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 13

Aurora Public Administration & Social Service Master’s Program

In the 2020-2021 academic year, 507 students earned a master's degree in public administration and social service from Aurora. About 88% of these graduates were women and the other 12% were men.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Aurora are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 62% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Aurora University with a master's in public administration and social service.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 64
Hispanic or Latino 94
White 313
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 30

Public Administration & Social Service Majors

Public Administration and Social Service students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Social Work 712
Public Administration 29
Community Organization & Advocacy 1

Related Major Annual Graduates
Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 90
Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting 74

View All Public Administration & Social Service Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

College Factual

Find Your Future Faster!

How can we help you today?

Find Schools Find Scholarships Get In to College Personalized Advising Play Sports in College