Nursing at Case Western Reserve Universityhealth professions program at Case Western Reserve University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how Case Western ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in nursing.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Nursing Degrees Available at Case Western
Case Western Nursing Rankings
In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for nursing majors, Case Western came in at #80. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Ohio.
Popularity of Nursing at Case Western
During the 2019-2020 academic year, Case Western Reserve University handed out 58 bachelor's degrees in nursing. Due to this, the school was ranked #292 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 3% over the previous year when 60 degrees were handed out.
In 2020, 129 students received their master’s degree in nursing from Case Western. This makes it the #78 most popular school for nursing master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 48 students received their doctoral degrees in nursing in 2020, making the school the #49 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Nursing Graduates from Case Western Make?
Salary of Nursing Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Nursing majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Case Western go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $59,400 a year. This is less than $61,050, which is the national median of all nursing majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.
Salary of Nursing Graduates with a Master's Degree
Nursing majors graduating with a master's degree from Case Western make a median salary of $98,200 a year. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all nursing graduates with a master's is $93,100.
How Much Student Debt Do Nursing Graduates from Case Western Have?
Student Debt of Nursing Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at Case Western, nursing students borrow a median amount of $23,375 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all nursing bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,387.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the nursing program at Case Western is $243 per month.
Student Debt of Nursing Graduates with a Master's Degree
At Case Western, a typical nursing student working on their master's degree borrrows about $109,736 in student loans. This is not favorable since the median amount of student debt for all nursing master's graduates is $41,000.
Those master's students from Case Western on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $1,279 per month.
Nursing Student Diversity at Case Western
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nursing majors at Case Western Reserve University.
Case Western Nursing Bachelor’s Program
During the 2019-2020 academic year, 58 nursing majors earned their bachelor's degree from Case Western. Of these graduates, 7% were men and 93% were women.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Case Western are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 66% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Case Western Reserve University with a bachelor's in nursing.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||4|
|Hispanic or Latino||2|
Case Western Nursing Master’s Program
The nursing program at Case Western awarded 124 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 18% of these degrees went to men with the other 82% going to women.
The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at Case Western are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 73% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Case Western Reserve University with a master's in nursing.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||9|
|Hispanic or Latino||7|
Most Popular Majors Related to Nursing
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Allied Health & Medical Assisting Services||71|
More about our data sources and methodologies.