College Factual  by our College Data Analytics Team
      Unbiased Factual Guarantee

Public Administration & Social Service at Columbia University in the City of New York

861 Master's Degrees
6 Doctor's Degrees
#13 Overall Quality
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. In addition, we cover how Columbia ranks in comparison to other schools with public administration and social service programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Public Administration & Social Service Degrees Available at Columbia

Columbia Public Administration & Social Service Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for public administration and social service majors, Columbia came in at #13. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study.

Popularity of Public Administration & Social Service at Columbia

Due to this, the school was ranked #6 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree.

In 2021, 861 students received their master’s degree in public administration and social service from Columbia. This makes it the #4 most popular school for public administration and social service master’s degree candidates in the country.

Columbia Public Administration & Social Service Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public administration and social service majors at Columbia University in the City of New York.

Is Columbia University in the City of New York a Good Match for You?
Is Columbia a Good Match for You? >

Columbia Public Administration & Social Service Master’s Program

In the 2020-2021 academic year, 861 students earned a master's degree in public administration and social service from Columbia. About 76% of these graduates were women and the other 24% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Columbia University in the City of New York with a master's in public administration and social service.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 94
Black or African American 74
Hispanic or Latino 100
White 248
Non-Resident Aliens 289
Other Races 56

Public Administration & Social Service Majors

Public Administration and Social Service students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Social Work 501
Public Administration 374
Public Policy 1

Majors Similar to Public Administration & Social Service

Related Major Annual Graduates
Legal Professions 565
Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 71

View All Public Administration & Social Service Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

College Factual

Find Your Future Faster!

How can we help you today?

Find Schools Find Scholarships Get In to College Personalized Advising Play Sports in College