Communication & Media Studies at DePaul Universitycommunication & journalism program at DePaul University.
We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how DePaul ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in communications.
Go directly to any of the following sections:
Communication & Media Studies Degrees Available at DePaul
DePaul Communications Rankings
Popularity of Communications at DePaul
During the 2019-2020 academic year, DePaul University handed out 168 bachelor's degrees in communication and media studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #80 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 9% over the previous year when 154 degrees were handed out.
In 2020, 13 students received their master’s degree in communications from DePaul. This makes it the #84 most popular school for communications master’s degree candidates in the country.
How Much Do Communications Graduates from DePaul Make?
Salary of Communications Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of communications students who receive their bachelor's degree at DePaul is $30,900. This is less than $31,700, which is the national median of all communications majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.
Salary of Communications Graduates with a Master's Degree
Graduates of the master's communications program at DePaul make a median salary of $45,000. This is less than what their typical peers from other schools make. Their median salary is $46,450.
How Much Student Debt Do Communications Graduates from DePaul Have?
Student Debt of Communications Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at DePaul, communications students borrow a median amount of $22,667 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all communications bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,749.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the communications program at DePaul is $235 per month.
Student Debt of Communications Graduates with a Master's Degree
At DePaul, a typical communications student working on their master's degree borrrows about $34,251 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical communications graduate who borrows a median amount of $35,966.
Those master's students from DePaul on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $399 per month.
DePaul Communications Students
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communications majors at DePaul University.
DePaul Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Program
The communications program at DePaul awarded 168 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 33% of these degrees went to men with the other 67% going to women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 61% of 2020 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from DePaul University with a bachelor's in communications.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||14|
|Hispanic or Latino||27|
DePaul Communication & Media Studies Master’s Program
During the 2019-2020 academic year, 21 communications majors earned their master's degree from DePaul. Of these graduates, 19% were men and 81% were women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 52% of 2020 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from DePaul University with a master's in communications.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||3|
|Hispanic or Latino||3|
Majors Similar to Communications
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Public Relations & Advertising||227|
More about our data sources and methodologies.