Film, Video & Photographic Arts at DePaul Universityvisual & performing arts program at DePaul University.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how DePaul ranks in comparison to other schools with film programs.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Featured Film, Video & Photographic Arts Programs
Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.
AA in Digital Photography
Take the first step toward a career of visual expression and doing what you love with this online associate degree from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
BA in Digital Photography
Learn to create a striking portfolio and hone the skills you need to succeed in the world of professional photography with this online digital photography degree from Southern New Hampshire University. Learn More >
Film, Video & Photographic Arts Degrees Available at DePaul
DePaul Film Rankings
Popularity of Film at DePaul
During the 2019-2020 academic year, DePaul University handed out 156 bachelor's degrees in film, video and photographic arts. Due to this, the school was ranked #15 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 8% over the previous year when 170 degrees were handed out.
In 2020, 47 students received their master’s degree in film from DePaul. This makes it the #13 most popular school for film master’s degree candidates in the country.
How Much Do Film Graduates from DePaul Make?
Salary of Film Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
Film majors who earn their bachelor's degree from DePaul go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $24,500 a year. This is higher than $22,250, which is the national median for all film bachelor's degree recipients.
Salary of Film Graduates with a Master's Degree
Film majors graduating with a master's degree from DePaul make a median salary of $33,800 a year. This is a better than average outcome since the median salary for all film graduates with a master's is $29,850.
How Much Student Debt Do Film Graduates from DePaul Have?
Student Debt of Film Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at DePaul, film students borrow a median amount of $22,698 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all film bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,000.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the film program at DePaul is $236 per month.
Student Debt of Film Graduates with a Master's Degree
At DePaul, a typical film student working on their master's degree borrrows about $51,249 in student loans. This means that these borrowers may have an easier time paying back their loans thatn the typical film graduate who borrows a median amount of $78,588.
Those master's students from DePaul on a 10-year student debt repayment plan end up paying a median amount of $597 per month.
Film Student Diversity at DePaul
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the film majors at DePaul University.
DePaul Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Program
The film program at DePaul awarded 156 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 55% of these degrees went to men with the other 45% going to women.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at DePaul are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 67% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from DePaul University with a bachelor's in film.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||9|
|Hispanic or Latino||18|
DePaul Film, Video & Photographic Arts Master’s Program
Of the 39 film students who graduated with a master's degree in 2019-2020 from DePaul, about 62% were men and 38% were women.
The majority of the students with this major are white. About 51% of 2020 graduates were in this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from DePaul University with a master's in film.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||5|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Most Popular Majors Related to Film
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|Design & Applied Arts||93|
|Drama & Theater Arts||90|
|Fine & Studio Arts||25|
|Arts & Media Management||13|
More about our data sources and methodologies.