Health & Physical Education at Hope College

Health & Physical Education at Hope College

Health & Physical Education is one of the majors in the parks, recreation, leisure, & fitness studies program at Hope College.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. We've also included details on how Hope ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in phys ed.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Health & Physical Education Degrees Available at Hope

Hope Phys Ed Rankings

Hope is in the top 10% of the country for phys ed. More specifically it was ranked #57 out of 663 schools by College Factual. It is also ranked #3 in Michigan.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Health & Physical Education Bachelor’s Degree Schools 55
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Health & Physical Education 360
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Health & Physical Education 377
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Health & Physical Education 405

Popularity of Phys Ed at Hope

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Hope College handed out 29 bachelor's degrees in health and physical education. Due to this, the school was ranked #498 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 22% over the previous year when 37 degrees were handed out.

How Much Student Debt Do Phys Ed Graduates from Hope Have?

Student Debt of Phys Ed Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Hope, phys ed students borrow a median amount of $26,973 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $25,000 for all phys ed majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the phys ed program at Hope is $280 per month.

Phys Ed Student Diversity at Hope

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the phys ed majors at Hope College.

Hope Health & Physical Education Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 29 students earned a bachelor's degree in phys ed from Hope. About 62% of these graduates were women and the other 38% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Hope are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 93% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Hope College with a bachelor's in phys ed.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 27
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 1

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You