General Biology at Illinois Wesleyan University

General Biology at Illinois Wesleyan University

General Biology is one of the majors in the biological & biomedical sciences program at Illinois Wesleyan University.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how Illinois Wesleyan ranks in comparison to other schools with biology programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

General Biology Degrees Available at Illinois Wesleyan

Illinois Wesleyan Biology Rankings

Illinois Wesleyan was ranked #118 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for biology majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #3 in Illinois.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 114
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 263
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 742
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for General Biology 810

Popularity of Biology at Illinois Wesleyan

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Illinois Wesleyan University handed out 26 bachelor's degrees in general biology. Due to this, the school was ranked #849 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 35% over the previous year when 40 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Illinois Wesleyan Make?

Salary of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

Biology majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Illinois Wesleyan go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $24,200 a year. This is less than $27,600, which is the national median of all biology majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Biology Graduates from Illinois Wesleyan Have?

Student Debt of Biology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Illinois Wesleyan, biology students borrow a median amount of $25,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,715 for all biology majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the biology program at Illinois Wesleyan is $259 per month.

Biology Student Diversity at Illinois Wesleyan

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Illinois Wesleyan University.

Illinois Wesleyan General Biology Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 26 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from Illinois Wesleyan. About 65% of these graduates were women and the other 35% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Illinois Wesleyan are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 65% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Illinois Wesleyan University with a bachelor's in biology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 17
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 10
Neurobiology & Neurosciences 6

View All General Biology Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You