Computer Information Systems at Indian River State College

Computer Information Systems at Indian River State College

Computer Information Systems is one of the majors in the computer & information sciences program at Indian River State College.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how Indian River State College ranks in comparison to other schools with CIS programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Computer Information Systems Degrees Available at Indian River State College

Indian River State College CIS Rankings

The bachelor's program at Indian River State College was ranked #563 on College Factual's Best Schools for CIS list. It is also ranked #25 in Florida.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Associate Degree Online Computer Information Systems Schools 13
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Online Computer Information Systems Schools 29
Most Popular Associate Degree Colleges for Computer Information Systems 55
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Information Systems 77
Best Value Associate Degree Colleges for Computer Information Systems 97
Best Computer Information Systems Associate Degree Schools 110
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Information Systems 167
Most Focused Associate Degree Colleges for Computer Information Systems 260
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Information Systems 436
Best Computer Information Systems Bachelor’s Degree Schools 442

Popularity of CIS at Indian River State College

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Indian River State College handed out 57 bachelor's degrees in computer information systems. Due to this, the school was ranked #156 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 27% over the previous year when 45 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do CIS Graduates from Indian River State College Make?

Salary of CIS Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

CIS majors who earn their bachelor's degree from Indian River State College go on to jobs where they make a median salary of $30,500 a year. This is less than $53,500, which is the national median of all CIS majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do CIS Graduates from Indian River State College Have?

Student Debt of CIS Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Indian River State College, CIS students borrow a median amount of $8,830 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all CIS bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $25,000.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the CIS program at Indian River State College is $92 per month.

CIS Student Diversity at Indian River State College

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the CIS majors at Indian River State College.

Indian River State College Computer Information Systems Associate’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 39 students earned a associate's degree in CIS from Indian River State College. About 15% of these graduates were women and the other 85% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 54% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Indian River State College with a associate's in CIS.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 21
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 4

Indian River State College Computer Information Systems Bachelor’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 57 CIS majors earned their bachelor's degree from Indian River State College. Of these graduates, 75% were men and 25% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Indian River State College with a bachelor's in CIS.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 26
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 6

Majors Similar to CIS

Related Major Annual Graduates
Computer Software & Applications 25

View All Computer Information Systems Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You