Finance & Financial Management at Iowa State University

Finance & Financial Management at Iowa State University

The Finance & Financial Management major is part of the business, management & marketing program at Iowa State University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Iowa State ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in finance.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Finance & Financial Management Degrees Available at Iowa State

Iowa State Finance Rankings

Iowa State was ranked #81 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for finance majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #3 in Iowa.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Finance & Financial Management Master’s Degree Schools 37
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Finance & Financial Management 43
Best Finance & Financial Management Bachelor’s Degree Schools 66
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Finance & Financial Management 72
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Finance & Financial Management 79
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Finance & Financial Management 80
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Finance & Financial Management 127
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Finance & Financial Management 202

Popularity of Finance at Iowa State

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Iowa State University handed out 254 bachelor's degrees in finance and financial management. Due to this, the school was ranked #44 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 6% over the previous year when 269 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 14 students received their master’s degree in finance from Iowa State. This makes it the #96 most popular school for finance master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Finance Graduates from Iowa State Make?

Salary of Finance Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of finance students who receive their bachelor's degree at Iowa State is $45,600. This is less than $47,500, which is the national median of all finance majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Finance Graduates from Iowa State Have?

Student Debt of Finance Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Iowa State, finance students borrow a median amount of $22,045 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all finance bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,250.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the finance program at Iowa State is $229 per month.

Finance Student Diversity at Iowa State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the finance majors at Iowa State University.

Iowa State Finance & Financial Management Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 254 students earned a bachelor's degree in finance from Iowa State. About 22% of these graduates were women and the other 78% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Iowa State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 70% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Iowa State University with a bachelor's in finance.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 14
White 179
Non-Resident Aliens 34
Other Races 19

Iowa State Finance & Financial Management Master’s Program

Of the 19 students who graduated with a Master’s in finance from Iowa State in 2020, 79% were men and 21% were women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Iowa State University with a master's in finance.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 6
Non-Resident Aliens 13
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to Finance

Related Major Annual Graduates
Business Administration & Management 366
Marketing 328
Accounting 188
Hospitality Management 145
Entrepreneurial Studies 34

View All Finance & Financial Management Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You