Computer Engineering at Iowa State University

Computer Engineering at Iowa State University

Computer Engineering is one of the majors in the engineering program at Iowa State University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. We've also included details on how Iowa State ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in CE.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Computer Engineering Degrees Available at Iowa State

Iowa State CE Rankings

Iowa State was ranked #36 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for CE majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #1 in Iowa.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 3
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 5
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 6
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 10
Best Computer Engineering Doctor’s Degree Schools 12
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 15
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 17
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 20
Best Computer Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 28
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 28
Best Computer Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 32
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Computer Engineering 41

Popularity of CE at Iowa State

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Iowa State University handed out 295 bachelor's degrees in computer engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #5 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 22% over the previous year when 241 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 53 students received their master’s degree in CE from Iowa State. This makes it the #22 most popular school for CE master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 11 students received their doctoral degrees in CE in 2020, making the school the #8 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do CE Graduates from Iowa State Make?

Salary of CE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of CE students who receive their bachelor's degree at Iowa State is $71,400. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $68,700 for all CE bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do CE Graduates from Iowa State Have?

Student Debt of CE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Iowa State, CE students borrow a median amount of $25,750 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,250 for all CE majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the CE program at Iowa State is $267 per month.

CE Student Diversity at Iowa State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the CE majors at Iowa State University.

Iowa State Computer Engineering Bachelor’s Program

The CE program at Iowa State awarded 295 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 87% of these degrees went to men with the other 13% going to women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at Iowa State are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 63% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Iowa State University with a bachelor's in CE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 24
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 185
Non-Resident Aliens 42
Other Races 29

Iowa State Computer Engineering Master’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 51 students earned a master's degree in CE from Iowa State. About 18% of these graduates were women and the other 82% were men.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Iowa State University with a master's in CE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 14
Non-Resident Aliens 31
Other Races 2

Majors Similar to CE

Related Major Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 429
Civil Engineering 209
Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering 170
Industrial Engineering 157
Chemical Engineering 150

View All Computer Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You