Communication & Media Studies at Monmouth University

Communication & Media Studies at Monmouth University

Communication & Media Studies is one of the majors in the communication & journalism program at Monmouth University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how Monmouth ranks in comparison to other schools with communications programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Communication & Media Studies Degrees Available at Monmouth

Monmouth Communications Rankings

The bachelor's program at Monmouth was ranked #303 on College Factual's Best Schools for communications list. It is also ranked #10 in New Jersey.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 58
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 112
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 117
Best Communication & Media Studies Master’s Degree Schools 127
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 159
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 193
Best Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 283
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Communication & Media Studies 593

Popularity of Communications at Monmouth

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Monmouth University handed out 98 bachelor's degrees in communication and media studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #170 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 8% over the previous year when 106 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do Communications Graduates from Monmouth Make?

Salary of Communications Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of communications students who receive their bachelor's degree at Monmouth is $35,100. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $31,700 for all communications bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Communications Graduates from Monmouth Have?

Student Debt of Communications Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Monmouth, communications students borrow a median amount of $25,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $24,749 for all communications majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the communications program at Monmouth is $259 per month.

Monmouth Communications Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the communications majors at Monmouth University.

Monmouth Communication & Media Studies Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 98 students earned a bachelor's degree in communications from Monmouth. About 61% of these graduates were women and the other 39% were men.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 70% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Monmouth University with a bachelor's in communications.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 69
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 9

Monmouth Communication & Media Studies Master’s Program

During the 2019-2020 academic year, 10 communications majors earned their master's degree from Monmouth. Of these graduates, 20% were men and 80% were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 80% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Monmouth University with a master's in communications.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Public Relations & Advertising 9

View All Communication & Media Studies Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You