College Factual  by our College Data Analytics Team
       Unbiased Factual Guarantee

Legal Professions at New York University

195 Master's Degrees
466 Doctor's Degrees
#6 Overall Quality
We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. Also, learn how NYU ranks among other schools offering degrees in legal professions.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for legal professions majors, NYU came in at #6. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study.

During the 2020-2021 academic year, New York University handed out 0 bachelor's degrees in legal professions. Due to this, the school was ranked #5 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree.

In 2021, 195 students received their master’s degree in legal professions from NYU. This makes it the #7 most popular school for legal professions master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 466 students received their doctoral degrees in legal professions in 2021, making the school the #4 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the legal professions majors at New York University.

In the 2020-2021 academic year, 195 students earned a master's degree in legal professions from NYU. About 36% of these graduates were women and the other 64% were men.


The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in legal professions.

Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 51
Non-Resident Aliens 63
Other Races 72

Legal Professions students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Law 466
Legal Research 179
Legal Professions (Other) 16

Related Major Annual Graduates
Public Administration & Social Service 777
Military Technologies & Applied Sciences 4

View All Legal Professions Related Majors >


More about our data sources and methodologies.

Popular Reports

College Rankings
Best by Location
Degree Guides by Major
Graduate Programs

Compare Your School Options