Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Subject Specific at Northern State University

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Subject Specific at Northern State University

The Teacher Education Subject Specific major is part of the education program at Northern State University.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, and more. Also, learn how NSU ranks among other schools offering degrees in subject specific ed.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Teacher Education Subject Specific Degrees Available at NSU

NSU Subject Specific Ed Rankings

The bachelor's program at NSU was ranked #232 on College Factual's Best Schools for subject specific ed list. It is also ranked #5 in South Dakota.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Teacher Education Subject Specific 17
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Teacher Education Subject Specific 48
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Teacher Education Subject Specific 51
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Teacher Education Subject Specific 106
Best Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Degree Schools 173
Best Teacher Education Subject Specific Master’s Degree Schools 183
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Teacher Education Subject Specific 262
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Teacher Education Subject Specific 362

Popularity of Subject Specific Ed at NSU

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Northern State University handed out 19 bachelor's degrees in teacher education subject specific. Due to this, the school was ranked #345 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 32% over the previous year when 28 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 8 students received their master’s degree in subject specific ed from NSU. This makes it the #372 most popular school for subject specific ed master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Student Debt Do Subject Specific Ed Graduates from NSU Have?

Student Debt of Subject Specific Ed Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at NSU, subject specific ed students borrow a median amount of $26,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $25,250 for all subject specific ed majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the subject specific ed program at NSU is $270 per month.

Subject Specific Ed Student Diversity at NSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the subject specific ed majors at Northern State University.

NSU Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 19 students earned a bachelor's degree in subject specific ed from NSU. About 74% of these graduates were women and the other 26% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at NSU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 100% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern State University with a bachelor's in subject specific ed.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 19
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

NSU Teacher Education Subject Specific Master’s Program

All of the 8 students who graduated with a Master’s in subject specific ed from NSU in 2020 were women.

undefined

The majority of master's degree recipients in this major at NSU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 100% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern State University with a master's in subject specific ed.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

Related Major Annual Graduates
Teacher Education Grade Specific 28
Curriculum & Instruction 20
Student Counseling 14
Special Education 12
Educational Administration 8

View All Teacher Education Subject Specific Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You