Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies at Northern State University

Find Schools Near

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies at Northern State University

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how NSU ranks among other schools offering degrees in parks and rec.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Degrees Available at NSU

NSU Parks & Rec Rankings

The bachelor's program at NSU was ranked #272 on College Factual's Best Schools for parks and rec list. It is also ranked #5 in South Dakota.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 18
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 24
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 42
Best Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Master’s Degree Schools 145
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 160
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 198
Best Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 213
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies 491

Popularity of Parks & Rec at NSU

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Northern State University handed out 24 bachelor's degrees in parks, recreation, leisure, and fitness studies. Due to this, the school was ranked #430 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 4% over the previous year when 25 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 8 students received their master’s degree in parks and rec from NSU. This makes it the #245 most popular school for parks and rec master’s degree candidates in the country.

Parks & Rec Student Diversity at NSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the parks and rec majors at Northern State University.

NSU Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Bachelor’s Program

The parks and rec program at NSU awarded 24 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 58% of these degrees went to men with the other 42% going to women.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at NSU are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 75% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern State University with a bachelor's in parks and rec.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 18
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 5

NSU Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Master’s Program

Of the 13 students who earned a master's degree in Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies from NSU in 2019-2020, 62% were men and 38% were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 92% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Northern State University with a master's in parks and rec.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 12
Non-Resident Aliens 1
Other Races 0

Parks & Rec Majors

Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies students may decide to major in one of the following focus areas. Individual majors may not be available for all degree levels.

Major Annual Graduates
Health & Physical Education 37

Related Major Annual Graduates
Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting 7

View All Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You