Electrical Engineering at Purdue University - Main Campus

Electrical Engineering at Purdue University - Main Campus

The Electrical Engineering major is part of the engineering program at Purdue University - Main Campus.

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, average starting salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how Purdue ranks in comparison to other schools with EE programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Electrical Engineering Degrees Available at Purdue

Purdue EE Rankings

Purdue was ranked #40 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for EE majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #3 in Indiana.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 1
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 7
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 9
Best Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 32
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 37
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 38
Best Electrical Engineering Master’s Degree Schools 41
Best Electrical Engineering Doctor’s Degree Schools 42
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 60
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 75
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 76
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Electrical Engineering 78

Popularity of EE at Purdue

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Purdue University - Main Campus handed out 216 bachelor's degrees in electrical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #8 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is a decrease of 6% over the previous year when 229 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 82 students received their master’s degree in EE from Purdue. This makes it the #41 most popular school for EE master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 63 students received their doctoral degrees in EE in 2020, making the school the #3 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do EE Graduates from Purdue Make?

Salary of EE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of EE students who receive their bachelor's degree at Purdue is $65,900. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $66,600 for all EE students.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do EE Graduates from Purdue Have?

Student Debt of EE Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Purdue, EE students borrow a median amount of $23,125 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all EE bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $24,713.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the EE program at Purdue is $240 per month.

Purdue EE Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the EE majors at Purdue University - Main Campus.

Purdue Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

For the most recent academic year available, 82% of EE bachelor's degrees went to men and 18% went to women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Purdue University - Main Campus with a bachelor's in EE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 30
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 93
Non-Resident Aliens 72
Other Races 11

Purdue Electrical Engineering Master’s Program

The EE program at Purdue awarded 82 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 73% of these degrees went to men with the other 27% going to women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Purdue University - Main Campus with a master's in EE.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 20
Non-Resident Aliens 59
Other Races 0

Majors Similar to EE

Related Major Annual Graduates
Mechanical Engineering 557
Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering 410
Industrial Engineering 378
Civil Engineering 263
Chemical Engineering 245

View All Electrical Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You