Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Dental Hygiene/Hygienist at University of Michigan - Ann Arbor

Find Schools Near

Dental Hygiene/Hygienist at University of Michigan - Ann Arbor

We've pulled together some essential information you should know about the program, including how many students graduate each year, the ethnic diversity of these students, and more. In addition, we cover how U-M ranks in comparison to other schools with dental hygiene programs.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Dental Hygiene/Hygienist Degrees Available at U-M

U-M Dental Hygiene Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for dental hygiene majors, U-M came in at #7. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Michigan.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Dental Hygiene/Hygienist Master’s Degree Schools 1
Best Dental Hygiene/Hygienist Bachelor’s Degree Schools 5
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist 7
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist 12
Best Value Master’s Degree Colleges for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist 13
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist 19
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist 69
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist 81

Popularity of Dental Hygiene at U-M

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor handed out 37 bachelor's degrees in dental hygiene/hygienist. Due to this, the school was ranked #31 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. Last year, the same number of degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 3 students received their master’s degree in dental hygiene from U-M. This makes it the #8 most popular school for dental hygiene master’s degree candidates in the country.

U-M Dental Hygiene Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the dental hygiene majors at University of Michigan - Ann Arbor.

U-M Dental Hygiene/Hygienist Bachelor’s Program

In the 2019-2020 academic year, 37 students earned a bachelor's degree in dental hygiene from U-M. About 95% of these graduates were women and the other 5% were men.

undefined

The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at U-M are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 73% of students fell into this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Michigan - Ann Arbor with a bachelor's in dental hygiene.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 27
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

U-M Dental Hygiene/Hygienist Master’s Program

All of the 5 students who graduated with a Master’s in dental hygiene from U-M in 2020 were women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 60% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Michigan - Ann Arbor with a master's in dental hygiene.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
Non-Resident Aliens 0
Other Races 0

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You