Neurobiology & Neurosciences at University of Pennsylvania

Neurobiology & Neurosciences at University of Pennsylvania

The Neurobiology & Neurosciences major is part of the biological & biomedical sciences program at University of Pennsylvania.

Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. In addition, we cover how UPenn ranks in comparison to other schools with neurobiology programs.

Go directly to any of the following sections:

Neurobiology & Neurosciences Degrees Available at UPenn

UPenn Neurobiology Rankings

In College Factual's most recent rankings for the best schools for neurobiology majors, UPenn came in at #9. This puts it in the top 5% of the country in this field of study. It is also ranked #1 in Pennsylvania.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Neurobiology & Neurosciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 6
Best Neurobiology & Neurosciences Doctor’s Degree Schools 8
Most Popular Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 12
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 17
Most Focused Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 40
Best Value Doctor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 49
Most Popular Master’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 63
Most Focused Master’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 63
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 114
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences 128

Popularity of Neurobiology at UPenn

During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Pennsylvania handed out 121 bachelor's degrees in neurobiology and neurosciences. Due to this, the school was ranked #18 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 4% over the previous year when 116 degrees were handed out.

In 2020, 3 students received their master’s degree in neurobiology from UPenn. This makes it the #23 most popular school for neurobiology master’s degree candidates in the country.

In addition, 12 students received their doctoral degrees in neurobiology in 2020, making the school the #12 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Neurobiology Graduates from UPenn Make?

Salary of Neurobiology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of neurobiology students who receive their bachelor's degree at UPenn is $33,500. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $31,000 for all neurobiology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do Neurobiology Graduates from UPenn Have?

Student Debt of Neurobiology Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at UPenn, neurobiology students borrow a median amount of $22,350 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all neurobiology bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $22,879.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the neurobiology program at UPenn is $232 per month.

Neurobiology Student Diversity at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the neurobiology majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Neurobiology & Neurosciences Bachelor’s Program

The neurobiology program at UPenn awarded 121 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 37% of these degrees went to men with the other 63% going to women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in neurobiology.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 35
Black or African American 13
Hispanic or Latino 16
White 45
Non-Resident Aliens 4
Other Races 8

Related Major Annual Graduates
General Biology 171
Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology 69
Cell Biology & Anatomical Sciences 51
Biotechnology 40
Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology 36

View All Neurobiology & Neurosciences Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You