Political Science & Government at University of Rochestersocial sciences program at University of Rochester.
Here, you'll find out more about the major, including such details as the number of graduates, what degree levels are offered, ethnicity of students, average salaries, and more. We've also included details on how University of Rochester ranks compared to other colleges offering a major in political science.
Jump to any of the following sections:
Political Science & Government Degrees Available at University of Rochester
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science
- Master’s Degree in Political Science
- Doctorate Degree in Political Science
University of Rochester Political Science Rankings
University of Rochester was ranked #80 on College Factual's most recent list of the best schools for political science majors. This puts the bachelor's program at the school solidly in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in the country. It is also ranked #9 in New York.
Popularity of Political Science at University of Rochester
During the 2019-2020 academic year, University of Rochester handed out 61 bachelor's degrees in political science and government. Due to this, the school was ranked #193 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 13% over the previous year when 54 degrees were handed out.
In 2020, 5 students received their master’s degree in political science from University of Rochester. This makes it the #107 most popular school for political science master’s degree candidates in the country.
In addition, 9 students received their doctoral degrees in political science in 2020, making the school the #29 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.
How Much Do Political Science Graduates from University of Rochester Make?
Salary of Political Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
The median salary of political science students who receive their bachelor's degree at University of Rochester is $43,800. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is higher than the national average of $32,850 for all political science bachelor's degree recipients.
How Much Student Debt Do Political Science Graduates from University of Rochester Have?
Student Debt of Political Science Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree
While getting their bachelor's degree at University of Rochester, political science students borrow a median amount of $22,371 in student loans. This is not too bad considering that the median debt load of all political science bachelor's degree recipients across the country is $23,184.
The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the political science program at University of Rochester is $232 per month.
Political Science Student Diversity at University of Rochester
Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the political science majors at University of Rochester.
University of Rochester Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Program
The political science program at University of Rochester awarded 61 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 49% of these degrees went to men with the other 51% going to women.
The majority of bachelor's degree recipients in this major at University of Rochester are white. In the most recent graduating class for which data is available, 51% of students fell into this category.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a bachelor's in political science.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||5|
University of Rochester Political Science & Government Master’s Program
During the 2019-2020 academic year, 4 political science majors earned their master's degree from University of Rochester. Of these graduates, 75% were men and 25% were women.
The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a master's in political science.
|Ethnic Background||Number of Students|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Most Popular Majors Related to Political Science
|Related Major||Annual Graduates|
|International Relations & National Security||42|
|Other Social Sciences||36|
More about our data sources and methodologies.