Mechanical Engineering at Valparaiso University

Mechanical Engineering at Valparaiso University

The Mechanical Engineering major is part of the engineering program at Valparaiso University.

We've gathered data and other essential information about the program, such as the average salary of graduates, ethnicity of students, how many students graduated in recent times, and more. Also, learn how Valpo ranks among other schools offering degrees in ME.

Jump to any of the following sections:

Mechanical Engineering Degrees Available at Valpo

Valpo ME Rankings

The bachelor's program at Valpo was ranked #113 on College Factual's Best Schools for ME list. It is also ranked #4 in Indiana.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 71
Best Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Schools 118
Most Popular Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 221
Best Value Bachelor’s Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering 257

Popularity of ME at Valpo

During the 2019-2020 academic year, Valparaiso University handed out 53 bachelor's degrees in mechanical engineering. Due to this, the school was ranked #236 in popularity out of all colleges and universities that offer this degree. This is an increase of 8% over the previous year when 49 degrees were handed out.

How Much Do ME Graduates from Valpo Make?

Salary of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

The median salary of ME students who receive their bachelor's degree at Valpo is $62,500. This is higher than $62,400, which is the national median for all ME bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

How Much Student Debt Do ME Graduates from Valpo Have?

Student Debt of ME Graduates with a Bachelor's Degree

While getting their bachelor's degree at Valpo, ME students borrow a median amount of $27,000 in student loans. This is higher than the the typical median of $23,500 for all ME majors across the country.

undefined

The typical student loan payment of a bachelor's degree student from the ME program at Valpo is $280 per month.

Valpo ME Students

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the ME majors at Valparaiso University.

Valpo Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Program

The ME program at Valpo awarded 53 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 79% of these degrees went to men with the other 21% going to women.

undefined

The majority of the students with this major are white. About 74% of 2020 graduates were in this category.

The following table and chart show the ethnic background for students who recently graduated from Valparaiso University with a bachelor's in ME.

undefined
Ethnic Background Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 39
Non-Resident Aliens 8
Other Races 1

Majors Similar to ME

Related Major Annual Graduates
Civil Engineering 27
Electrical Engineering 23
Computer Engineering 20
Biomedical Engineering 8

View All Mechanical Engineering Related Majors >

References

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Find Schools Near You